Advice For The Principal Investigators
Have an idea about the project? If you would like to have a feedback on whether this project would fit the program, please submit a short writeup (1-2 pages), answering the following questions.
- Please summarize the main goal of your proposal (1-2 sentences). What are the new capabilities your solution will provide?
- How is it done today, and what are the limits of current solutions? Please list 2-3 projects/products which are most relevant to what you are doing.
- What is the most innovative aspect of the proposed research activities? Explain why what you are proposing cannot be done using existing methods and tools.
- What new knowledge will be gained after your project is complete. Please highlight the most novel body of knowledge that will be discovered?
- If successful, what difference will it make for practical systems? What is the potential for your solution to be deployed?
- What are your plans to validate and verify your solution?
- What are the risks associated with the project?
- What are the methods you propose to determine your progress/success? How do you know that your solution is successful?
- How do you think your proposal is relevant to the NeTS program? (please see solicitation for more details.)